Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Comparing Reporting Programs

I am developing an ASP.Net 2.0 application that will make heavy use of reports. The VisualStudio.Net 2005 Professional edition contains two reporting programs -- Crystal Reports and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Can anyone refer me to a white paper, technical article, book chapter, blog, etc. that compares the strengths and weaknesses of these two programs? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken McLean

In my opinion SSRS, though far from perfect beats Crystal Reports. I will look up some references for you.

|||

Have a look at:

SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 XML extensions http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/SSRS2005XML.aspx|||

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Ken McLean

No comments:

Post a Comment